Flatpicking Guitar Network

For Fans of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

Steve Blanchard's Discussions (20)

Discussions Replied To (19) Replies Latest Activity

"I currently have a Martin D-18 Authentic that lister William Gray "gave" to me as I…"

Steve Blanchard replied Dec 19, 2010 to What brand do you play?

213 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by Marke Richardson

"William, Listen to his lyrics....few write that great. His best stuff never made th…"

Steve Blanchard replied Apr 7, 2010 to What's Up With Gordon Lightfoot?

15 Jul 4, 2010
Reply by William Gray

"Hi William, Thanks for the nice words in your post. I use TS picks about 1.35mm. Ga…"

Steve Blanchard replied Mar 7, 2010 to Heavy Picks Anyone?

39 Feb 18
Reply by Arthur Knowler

"Hi Sam, Try breathing... I'm quite sure that you take a sip of air and hold it befo…"

Steve Blanchard replied Jan 15, 2010 to Switching from Rhythm to lead

7 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Joan McLemore

"Collings D1A are excellent. I find them a bit stiff and abit fatiguing for me to pla…"

Steve Blanchard replied Dec 22, 2009 to Huss & Dalton TDM

17 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Jonathan Spencer

"Hey Jonathan, that is great news. Yes the bigger neck is a bit of an adjustment, but…"

Steve Blanchard replied Dec 22, 2009 to Huss & Dalton TDM

17 Aug 4, 2010

"Jonathan, I have a student that has a Huss and Dalton TDM Custom..super guitar. The…"

Steve Blanchard replied Dec 10, 2009 to Huss & Dalton TDM

17 Aug 4, 2010

"Mike, Shop more guitars before you buy. You will probably discover a better guitar…"

Steve Blanchard replied Jun 14, 2009 to About to Buy a new guitar

24 Oct 13, 2009
Reply by Mark Rhodes

"Right hand is always a problem...especially when performing. If our banjo player rea…"

Steve Blanchard replied May 29, 2009 to What's the weakest "link" in your flatpick technique

27 Oct 31, 2009
Reply by Roger Ferguson

"Marty, I use Elixir Nano PB Medium. I break G strings and the occasional D string..…"

Steve Blanchard replied May 6, 2009 to String suggestions

11 May 6, 2009
Reply by Steve Blanchard

RSS

Don't Miss These!

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Profile IconMary Stewart and Steven Bocon joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Feb 20
Arthur Knowler replied to William Gray's discussion Heavy Picks Anyone?
"I have a left handed Blue Chip TAD 3R 40 pick and I find it a great pick to use, no scraping and quick on the strings. The only problem is that the tone is quite bass-y which is great for lead picking or Mandolin but not so good for rhythm…"
Feb 18
Profile IconBob Williams, Andy Gilbert, Paul Saulnier and 3 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Feb 15
Dale Galgozy updated their profile
Feb 12
Robbie Kane updated their profile
Feb 9
Louis Ruoti posted a video

Big Sandy River - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Guitar

Louis Ruoti (http://flatpickit.com) plays Big Sandy River on a Blueridge BR140. Thanks to Dave (http://flatpickapprentice.blogspot.com/) for the backup track.
Feb 7
Tom Wescott left a comment for Barney Selph
"Good man Barney. You'll be glad you signed up. Lots of good stuff/good people. Cheers Tom W."
Feb 2
Barney Selph updated their profile
Jan 31
Profile IconRon Landis, David Vanier, Jim Sliff and 1 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jan 31
Ramon Candido updated their profile
Jan 23
Profile IconDaniele Baldari, Kim Andrus, Peter Collins and 2 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jan 19
Joe A updated their profile
Jan 11
Joe A updated their profile photo
Jan 11
Thomas Wakefield shared their event on Facebook
Dec 27, 2016
Thomas Wakefield commented on Thomas Wakefield's event 8th Annual Djangoary Music Soiree
"For the eighth year in a row, Thomas Wakefield curates his Djangoary celebration!!! Guest artists this year is John Jorgenson and Dallas Vietty!!!  "
Dec 27, 2016
Thomas Wakefield posted an event

8th Annual Djangoary Music Soiree at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen

January 14, 2017 from 7pm to 9pm
Featuring Thomas Wakefield & Gypsy Roots with special guest! Celebrate the creative influence of legendary Gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt on today’s music! This popular concert event features live music performances by the genre’s leading artists, including local favorite award-winning guitarist Thomas Wakefield & Gypsy Roots with a very special guest to be announced! Plus, meet the headliners and sharpen your skills with an exclusive hands-on guitar workshop! For more workshop…See More
Dec 27, 2016

© 2017   Created by Dan Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service