Flatpicking Guitar Network

For Fans of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

Peaceful Bend Americana Music Festival

Who is going to be at the Americana Music Fest in Steelville, MO, on the weekend of 15 to 18 May? Bill Startz has put together an amazing lineup of flatpickers! Robin Kessinger, Robert Shafer, Mark Cosgrove, David Grier, Wyatt Rice, Robert Bowlin, Russ Barenberg, Bryan Sutton, Josh Williams, John Chapman.... incredible!

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan
I will be there.
warren
The weather looks to cooperate , we should have a very special weekend of pickin and grinnin !
Wear yer boots boys !

Bill
Hi, Dan. My wife and I are driving down from Minnesota, assuming a glacier doesn't swallow us up before we get out of the state. I look forward to meeting you. I've been a FGM subscriber so long that I feel like I know you already.
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Forecast is good; the spring weather has been horrible, but the all star cast more than makes up for it.

Bill
I will be heading down for the Thursday show. I am bringing my tent, my guitar, and $6. I am sure that is all I will need....

Looking forward to meeting and playing with you folks!

Early fest jam ....
I'm leaving Virginia this morning on my way to Missouri. I'm looking forward to a great weekend of flatpicking. I'll be taking photos, conducting podcast interviews, and shooting some video footage to post here on the network. It should be fun!
Dan
Dan - I gave John Chapman some flyers advertising the Dreadnoughts Unlimited drawings this year. He is at Silver Dollar City today with The Chapmans, but he and Jeremy are going to be at the festival.

Would you put the flyers on your table (or somewhere where folks can pick them up)? It would help a lot.

I wish I could make it - it's only a three hour drive (John and Jeremy are making me feel bad - they're flying in to St. Louis from a gig in Georgia and renting a car to get there!). Perhaps next year.
Next years lineup is shapin up nicely..
Managed to lock the 2008 Winfield Flatpicking Champ Tyler Grant in to the weekend.
DVD shoot thursday with Scott Nygaard, Robert Bowlin and Jack Lawrence , Friday Tyler Grant, Robin Kessinger and David Grier, Sat.. Wil Maring, Tim May, Brad Davis and a jamathon .. There are possible additions , so stay tuned !

2009 Peaceful Bend Americana Fest

Bill

RSS

Don't Miss These!

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Ryan McKay updated their profile
Sep 9
Profile IconKATE KWAME, Seamas Gaskins, ermanno feliciani and 3 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Sep 6
Martha Yakovleff Stone shared Dan Miller's group on Facebook
Aug 18
Profile IconBill Gilchrist and Tony Cooney joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Aug 2
Dale Galgozy updated their profile
Jul 30
Gary A. Apitz is now a member of Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jul 17
Raymond Simmons posted a video
Jul 2
Raymond Simmons posted a photo

THE MARKET News Radio Logo

Send Your MP3s for Airplay on SELECT Radio AT https://selectradio1.airtime.pro/TO: simmons124appleton@earthlink.net
Jul 2
Raymond Simmons posted a status
"Get Airplay! Follow SELECT Worldwide All Star Radio On Pinterest AT https://www.pinterest.com/simmons100/select-worldwide-all-star-radio/"
Jul 2
"Read Past Issues of SELECT Playlist Magazine AT http://tinyurl.com/pastmags Get Your Airplay, Promote Your Music Career, Be A Subscriber!"
Jul 2
Raymond Simmons updated their profile
Jul 2
Steve Pottier left a comment for Robbie Kane
"stevepottier@comcast.net  sorry it took so long to get back to you!"
Jul 2
Steve Pottier is now friends with Jay Darks and Robbie Kane
Jul 2
"Upload Your Music To Blaqspot! Register AT http://easyurl.net/a59c5 also become an affiliate Join the Profit Sharing Program to Get Paid!"
Jun 29
Profile IconRick, Hugh Jampton, Raymond Simmons and 2 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jun 29
Louis Ruoti posted a video

Jessie and Ginny Original Flatpick Solo Louis Ruoti

Progressive take on an old-timey rhythm base. Not much to it, the relationship ended quickly. Instrument; Blueridge BR 140, recorded on Zoom H-6 Handy Recorder
Jun 23

© 2017   Created by Dan Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service