Flatpicking Guitar Network

For Fans of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

Probably been asked before...what type of guitar to the forum members play. I am looking to purchase an upscale guitar.

Views: 1805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I play a James Goodall Traditional Dreadnaught. Love it much.
Just bought a Leo Posch D18......WOW!!!
If the average picker is anything like me, it's very hard to stroll through a store and not pick up every guitar in the place, "just to see how it sounds". With every new guitar purchase I make, goes a promise to my wife that "this is it, it's the one I've been looking for, I won't need another guitar - ever!". Currently, I have two Blueridge guitars, BG160 and a BR160, a Larivee D9, and a Martin HDC 28 (cedar top). All have great sound in their own respect and on any given day I'd swear that each one of them is "the sound". Then I'll happen to pick up a Gibson Blues King or Hummingbird and think "this is sweet, maybe it's the holy grail I've been searching for! After falling in and out of love with every guitar I've ever owned, I finally realized that it's the search for that perfect sound that makes it so much fun. So I'm just happy to enjoy them all and the quest for the holy grail will go on. - Let me know if you ever find it I'm sure my wife would understand. :)
I'm tellin' ya, if any of you get a chance to try out a Stanford dread (Performer Series), do it. They are really very, very good sounding guitars for a lot less $$$ than Martin and Taylor. Granted, they are not Martins and Taylors, but the construction and finish are very nice and the quality of sound that the Stanfords put out will rival any of the high end instruments. Currently, there are a little over 100 Stanfords in the US. I'm lucky enough to have one, a PSD-21 solid "hog". There is only one dealer that I know of, GypsyJazzGuitars in Friendsville, TN. The owners name is Steve Perry, very nice guy, email mail@gypsyjazzguitars.com
santa cruz/gibson j-45 adj/pablo mendoza munoz.
Attachments:
Play a bunch of Martins, Collings, Huss & Dalton, & Bourgeois--
Play some Gibsons for a different sound....
ON the Gibsonesque side, the John Walker "Wise River" is a great guitar, an easy player, and sounds akin to and better IMHO than standard Gibsons.
The three guitars I prefer from the first group is the D28 variety--the CW is tops, the D28HD is close by,
The Huss and Dalton TDM ( mahogany) is a great player and top notch Mahog. sound. My overall favorite is the Bourgeois DB Signature Brazilian or the D-150--but there you are getting into major bucks...
Trying out the guitars will be fun. Good luck with your quest. Everyone here will be with you vicariously..
john
I've got a Martin D-18 GE. On the used market I'm convinced they are the best deal going. Mines a 2004 model I bought back in October and with it being in a slightly used condition with some dings I got it for $1700. I don't play out live but if I did I'd be comfortable taking something I invested under 2 grand in out.
Martin DM, D18AG, D28CW
RIC 360/12CW
Fender Telecaster(s) all b-benders
2006 Martin D-18 Golden era custom. It has a 1 11/16" nut width and low profile neck instead of the V neck.
I play a 30 year old Larrivee and I absolutely love it. I mention the year because it was before they kept records and they don't have info on my model.
Collings D 1 AV and Roy Noble Mahogany/Engelman Dred

Rick Schmidlin
I have 2 Martin Custom D's 1 hog and 1 rosewood, A Gretch Historic Series and I just picked up an Eastman AC320 used for under 500.00 that will take any other dreadnaught made from 200. to 20000. to the edge.

RSS

Don't Miss These!

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

billy jones bluez updated their profile
Aug 9
Marlana Fury updated their profile
Jun 24
Wendell Greason posted photos
May 6
Louis Ruoti commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"Thank you kindly, John. Much appreciated!"
Apr 1
John David Hanke commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"wonderful version, very nice..."
Apr 1
John David Hanke updated their profile
Apr 1
terry thompson shared Russ Barenberg's blog post on Facebook
Mar 3
terry thompson posted a discussion

Download Digital Academy onto new device

I have the Flatpicking Guitar Digital Academy on one device with videos I have downloaded but I was to view them on another device. How do I do this? Thanks TerrySee More
Mar 3
billy jones bluez posted a video

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•. ~ . deep swamp re-mix ~ Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlaws

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•.~ . deep swamp re-mix .Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlawshttps://youtu.be/b1SL2_Ma5I4https://www.facebook.com/TheBillyJonesBand/vi...
Jan 19
David Helm updated their profile
Nov 21, 2020
Profile IconMichael Murphy, John Hawkins, Kevin Williams and 8 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jun 10, 2020
Wendell Greason posted a photo
May 29, 2020
TAKA posted a status
"In 2020!!"
May 28, 2020
Profile IconRyan Orr, Bob Gordon, Rick Lewis and 26 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Mar 18, 2020
WR Mesher updated their profile
Jan 22, 2020
Dan Miller posted a blog post
Dec 10, 2019

© 2021   Created by Dan Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service