Flatpicking Guitar Network

For Fans of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

There should be a way to search members locations! This site is a great idea, especially if it helps us hook up with other pickers in our area.
So I'm looking for Central Illinois people to pick with. Anybody here?

Views: 1448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe we could create groups for different areas so people can join them. currently the profiles do not give a listing for location.

The location groups could get extensive, so maybe we could categorize them by state.
Use the name of the state or area where you live in the title of your post, and it will be easier for others in your area to find you. I got a good reply within hours of posting my "Pickers in Alabama?" discussion.
How about rhode island, or elsewhere in southern new england?
Hey Phil,
I am in Eastern Ct, Right over the border off of Route 6. Not far from Foster. We get together with some other like minded pickers usually every tuesday night. If your ever interested send me a msg.
I started a forum topic called "Site Improvements" -- do you want to put your suggestion there?
I am in central Ohio.
Hey Tim, what part of central Ohio are you in? I'm in the Urbana, Bellefontaine area...
This is a Super Idea! In fact, I was just thinking about this topic over the weekend and lo and behold, it's already being discussed here...

What about a group specific to an area, such as the South Bay in Northern California, that meets up once/month to go over songs directly from the lessons in FGM? This would definitely keep things fresh as well as keep people motivated to learn the material to completion (speed that is...). The group could focus on which songs were to be studied so that all may participate together.

If anyone is near San Jose and interested, PM me and let's get started?

mark marispini
Rick and I are in Oklahoma. Any fellow Okies lurking out there?

Carrie
where in oklahoma? i am in arkansas but just across the river near fort smith. Ed Carr
I know this is about a month late, but, I am from just north of tulsa, and am having a hard time finding other pickers in my area. Where abouts in Okie land are y'all from
Fellow Okie here!

RSS

Don't Miss These!

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

billy jones bluez updated their profile
Aug 9
Marlana Fury updated their profile
Jun 24
Wendell Greason posted photos
May 6
Louis Ruoti commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"Thank you kindly, John. Much appreciated!"
Apr 1
John David Hanke commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"wonderful version, very nice..."
Apr 1
John David Hanke updated their profile
Apr 1
terry thompson shared Russ Barenberg's blog post on Facebook
Mar 3
terry thompson posted a discussion

Download Digital Academy onto new device

I have the Flatpicking Guitar Digital Academy on one device with videos I have downloaded but I was to view them on another device. How do I do this? Thanks TerrySee More
Mar 3
billy jones bluez posted a video

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•. ~ . deep swamp re-mix ~ Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlaws

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•.~ . deep swamp re-mix .Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlawshttps://youtu.be/b1SL2_Ma5I4https://www.facebook.com/TheBillyJonesBand/vi...
Jan 19
David Helm updated their profile
Nov 21, 2020
Profile IconMichael Murphy, John Hawkins, Kevin Williams and 8 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jun 10, 2020
Wendell Greason posted a photo
May 29, 2020
TAKA posted a status
"In 2020!!"
May 28, 2020
Profile IconRyan Orr, Bob Gordon, Rick Lewis and 26 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Mar 18, 2020
WR Mesher updated their profile
Jan 22, 2020
Dan Miller posted a blog post
Dec 10, 2019

© 2021   Created by Dan Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service