Flatpicking Guitar Network

For Fans of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

This is my little piece of picking paradise. Everything I need to entertain myself for hours and hours is right here.
I just got the gun cabinet the week before Christmas. I found it on craigslist. Ten bucks...SWEET! It was an easy convert to a guitar case and it keeps my good stuff clean, protected and easily accessble. I only had to drive about an hour away to pick it up. I now need to score a nice small automatic sensor humidifier and install it in the bottom of the cabinet and it will be 'niiiice'. It would have been nice if I could have gotten a bigger one to fit the banjo too but some of those cabinets aren't cheap (like this one was :). Eh, Banjo's are tough , it can take hanging on the wall.
Hopefully someday I'll refinish that desk and create a 'real' room in the basement for all my stuff , but for now, it's functional.
If you look, I'm sure you'll see plenty of items and paraphernalia that we all share.

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that's pretty impressive!

My picking space is just our (tiny) spare bedroom. My guitar case lays (or lies?) across the foot of the bed, metronome and tuner are on the night stand at the head. There's a small dresser that is often piled with music, music books, FGM and Fretboard Journal. There's just enough floor space for me to have a music stand, guitar stand, and my stool. Seated on the stool, I can reach everything except the dresser.

My wife and I talk regularly about rearranging our house, turning our den either into a picking space or making it into a spare bedroom so I can turn my current spot into a proper picking space. Both ideas have their plusses and minuses, and so far we are stuck in the talking phase.
That is very nice.
It is also very disgustingly . . . . . ~TIDY~!!! ;^)
Thanks for sharing . . .
I have a 10x10 room with my instruments on two walls, a vertical file cabinet full of music, a small book shelf full of music, three large book cabinets full of books, my desk, computer, some cases and gear, a music stand and a stool in front of that. There is a pathway from the doorway, down the center of the room. I'm too embarrassed by the clutter to post any pictures of it. LOL
L8R,
G
Hey Guys thanks for the replies. Monty, I'm sure your space will grow with your living accomodations.

George, I cleaned it up to take the picture :)

Mark
I live in a two-room apartment so I don´t really have a good pickingspace. When I buy a house or at least an apartment with three rooms, I will definatly make myself a little space to use for picking and practising. I think that would make me practise more
Waited all my life to have a room dedicated to my music. The youngest son at 23 moved out this past year, so I remodeled the room into this (can't see the piano on the other wall).
Attachments:

I carved out a space in the basement under the stairs, insulated and sound proofed as best I could, wired it, then drywalled it as well. I can play DVDs, CDs, or my iPod for lessons or tunes to learn. The oak music stand folds flat against the wall when not in use and doesn't obstruct my feet when it is. One nice thing is how well you can hear yourself, when the sound bounces off the wall just a couple of feet away.
OK Bill, that's a great pic... now how wide is it really?
Ray, thats a pretty sweet set up. So are some of these other music rooms or corners.
Yes, I am really pleased with the gun cabinet Idea. It was a very easy convert. When I explained the idea to my wife she was real sceptical. She admits its pretty cool now. There are plenty of these older gun cabinets out there. I noticed there were lots in the 100 dollar and up range but I didnt have to twait too long before this one came up for the nice price. Guys with gun cabinets usally are just working their way up to a gun safe,.. that means these come up all the time ;)
Well, here is my little corner of the world for recording. I use a Macbook Pro with Protools 8. Gets the job done.:-)
Attachments:
Wow, you folks all have nice spaces. Mine looks like the living room of an over-priced one bedroom apartment in Boston. Wait...that's what it really is...

RSS

Don't Miss These!

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

billy jones bluez updated their profile
Aug 9
Marlana Fury updated their profile
Jun 24
Wendell Greason posted photos
May 6
Louis Ruoti commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"Thank you kindly, John. Much appreciated!"
Apr 1
John David Hanke commented on Louis Ruoti's video
Thumbnail

Wildwood Flower - Louis Ruoti - Flatpick Solo

"wonderful version, very nice..."
Apr 1
John David Hanke updated their profile
Apr 1
terry thompson shared Russ Barenberg's blog post on Facebook
Mar 3
terry thompson posted a discussion

Download Digital Academy onto new device

I have the Flatpicking Guitar Digital Academy on one device with videos I have downloaded but I was to view them on another device. How do I do this? Thanks TerrySee More
Mar 3
billy jones bluez posted a video

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•. ~ . deep swamp re-mix ~ Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlaws

.♪♫•*¨*•. . Liar . .♪♫•*¨*•.~ . deep swamp re-mix .Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlawshttps://youtu.be/b1SL2_Ma5I4https://www.facebook.com/TheBillyJonesBand/vi...
Jan 19
David Helm updated their profile
Nov 21, 2020
Profile IconMichael Murphy, John Hawkins, Kevin Williams and 8 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Jun 10, 2020
Wendell Greason posted a photo
May 29, 2020
TAKA posted a status
"In 2020!!"
May 28, 2020
Profile IconRyan Orr, Bob Gordon, Rick Lewis and 26 more joined Flatpicking Guitar Network
Mar 18, 2020
WR Mesher updated their profile
Jan 22, 2020
Dan Miller posted a blog post
Dec 10, 2019

© 2021   Created by Dan Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service